Fine Art America

Sell Art Online

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The mysteries of search results.















As I was just killing time browsing thru different stats as of where traffic came from, countries that the readers come from about this site and so on, I came across a report about some visitors coming from a google search titled ''get paid 50$ a week in paypal''. I decided to type that very sentence in my google search engine. I was amazed to see that I ranked No2 today in results for that very sentence!

I ignore how could this blog could ever perform that well for such a request. The only thing giving me a clue as an answer is the fact that many or each of these six words + the 50$ sign were all used in one of my text when I wrote a post about my PayPerPost earnings on this very blog.

But with a PageRank of 2 and only averaging 10-15 readers a day kind of blog, this is sure some spectacular unexpected result. Am I lucky? Did the planets align just right? Is there a lack of competition for such a request?

What do you think about this Carl?
Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually man, I think it was just a coincidence that someone searched for that keyword.

And you ranked high cause there were no sites optimizing for that certain keyword.

As you can see. If you search it like this: "get paid 50$ a week in paypal" theres only 1 site that will show-up and that's you :)

Good long tail though!
Thanks

Carl
http://www.carlocab.com