Fine Art America

Sell Art Online

Friday, October 05, 2007

Record week.

A fifth week with my new and improoved FOREX account, a fourth profitable week out of five. This week has been particulary good on earnings. The work was solid but a few holes in the strategy kept me under the 90% profitable trade barrier.

Here are my stats for this first week of october:

Profitable trade % this week: 89.13% (+626 pips)

Profit/loss this week: +9.83%

Profit/loss yearly (including 3 account crashes) : +2.61%

As you can notice in my yearly stat, I have made back all the money I lost learning forex. This week marks a new step in my trading career. Every pip won is profit for me from now on. A very interesting phase...

One thing I am proud of: I have made pips and money on the USD/CAD pair when everybody said to long the pair. The USD/CAD is going down BUT not for technical reasons. Every technical trader has shouted long! a long time ago already. But still, it is now dropping under 0.9900 and to 0.9800 today. The technical analysis is not enough, its going down for fundamental reasons, nothing else. And there are many fundamental reasons backing up this downward push. The oil prices and the vigor of the canadian economy versus the United States since many months now.

So in a word, do not only base decisions on technical analysis. Many learned it the hard way this week once again...I am sure of that.

P.S. Every FOREX position is potentially dangerous. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose in FOREX.

No comments: