Fine Art America

Sell Art Online

Friday, September 21, 2007

An inch from perfection.

Here we are, another week is over, this one ends up as a third profitable week in a row for me. The results are very good once again but I am not satisfied at all with my decision making.

The only non-profitable trade that I made this week has got me angry and I reacted immediatly without thinking and planning. The result: a very dangerous long position was opened on the GBP/JPY pair. A position so dangerous that on wednesday it was eating up close to 20% of my account at it's worse point. Hopefully for me, the GBP/JPY went back in the 233's today relieving me of all pressure.

This will be considered as a wake up call. The FOREX market is unforgiving and I should consider myself lucky to get out of this week unharmed. As you will be able to see below, even if you are close to perfection a single trade can potentially crash your entire account.

Here are my numbers for the week and the month:

Profitable trade % this week: 97.3% (36/37) (+984 pips)
Profitable trade % month: 94.02% (173/184)

Profit/loss this week: +8.4%
Profit/loss this month: +19.19%

P.S. Every FOREX position is potentially dangerous. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose in the FOREX market.

No comments: