Fine Art America

Sell Art Online

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Crash.

Well there it is, the final real fall of my first FOREX account has been completed during the course of July.

I have made a number of crucial and (let's say it) dumb mistakes over the course of the last 2 months. Making mistakes is in fact totally normal for a new trader. The ones I made could've been avoided and thus, money not lost with a bit more experience and especially more focus by my part. This right here is some kind of my mea culpa... ;)

I learned a lot thru my first 4 months of active FOREX trading. A lot of useful and permanent knowledge of how this humongous system works. But I also learned over the course of my life that in order to succeed, you must fall a couple of times before achieving your goals...

And when I fall, I get up, remember why I fell in the first place and then I try some more. That is just me.

That is exactly what I am planning to do in august. I will fund my FOREX account once again, some time between now and the end of the month. Then I will get up from my fall and continue.

From now on, Money Management will be closely monitored. Every trade will be opened with an efficient stop-loss. A trailing stop-loss will be implemented on some my winning trades to give myself a chance at catching some more profitable trades that I often missed out. All those measures will increase my overall efficiency, reduce the size of each of my losing trades while increasing my gains.

This far after 4 months, all of this costed me around 40$ to learn what I now know. It is not a huge loss considering that some people can waste thousands of dollars while experimenting and learning to trade FOREX.

P.S. Every FOREX trade is dangerous. Do not invest money you cannot afford to lose in FOREX.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most important thing to remember when doing trading is Capital Preservation. You can reduce your risk by using a simple proven strategy. =)