Fine Art America

Sell Art Online

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Learning curve.

During june, my first serious losses happened with FOREX. (in fact, I crashed twice making the same mistake twice) My knowledge of the market increased a lot during the month. I now understand how japanese candlestick works and how can some price pattern can appear in different time frames. I now am using all time frames available to trade; something I wasn't doing during my first two months. The small loss I suffered, (not even 20$ in total) showed me a lot about the mistakes I was constantly making.

After I crashed myself for good the second time, I took all my PTC earnings I had left and decided to inject them in my FOREX account. Ironically my total account looked like I never crashed once my deposit has funded my account. So it was a perfect opportunity to start fresh, with a better overall strategy. It already pays off as my % of profitable trades has increased.

Since the start of this month of july, I had changed my schedule, began a new job, and I have gained about 1% of my total account. BUT I learned that every drop in the ocean is important... During this month, I will apply what I learned in my first 3 months of trading and expect being a winner once july is done.

P.S. Every forex trade is dangerous. Do not invest money you can't afford to lose in forex. Forex is not a get rich quick scheme.

1 comment:

*Marie* said...

When you look back at something, it's a good feeling to know you learned from the small mistakes. Congrats on your progress made.